Join us for discussion on Wednesday, April 12th at 1:30 to discuss the One Book, One Community Read: Rose Under Fire.
The Quarryville Library’s upcoming Maker Fest is fast approaching, and we’ve had a great response to our call for makers.
The makers will be demonstrating their art, craft, or talent, and hands-on teaching and learning is available for those tasks that are safe. Our list of makers includes the following:
- Lancaster Spinners & Weavers Guild: spinning, weaving, knitting and/or crocheting – hands-on
- Bloodstone Forge – blacksmithing
- Make717, with either a 3D Printer or Soldering
- Photogrammetry by Dennis Brooks – photographing an item, rendering it in a computer, and 3D printing.
- Melted Crafts by Keri Scheid
- Copper Crafts by Dan Raugh
- Knitting with Peg Raugh – hands-on
- Artist Trading Cards with Mary Ferris – hands-on
- Building a Computer with Scott Kennedy – hands-on
- Painting with Melody Capps – hands-on
- Quilling with Jolene Burkholder – hands-on
- German Stars & Bells with Karen Iesley – hands-on
- Wood Carving with Terry Keemer
- Quilting with Darlene Keemer – hands-on
- Caricature Drawing with Charles Ploppert
Also available will be a selection of hands-on STEM kits, including Ozobots, Legos, Keva Planks, and more!
April 8th from 11 am – 3 pm
Support health and wellness one drop at a time. Get educated about how you can kick toxic chemicals out of your home. Sign-up to join us on April 1st at 11:00 or April 19th at 6:30 p.m. Call the library at 717-786-1336 to register.
The next art show in the C. X. Carlson Gallery at the Quarryville Library will open with a reception for the artist on Saturday, April 1 from 1:00 until 3:00 PM. The artist for this show is Laura Mark-Finberg, a noted wildlife painter. Laura’s wildlife paintings have been described as “windows unto the soul” of the animals that she paints. She does amazing things with the acrylic paints she uses, giving them a depth more common in oil painting. Refreshments will be served and all are invited to meet the artist. Welcome to the wilderness!
Please check out Laura’s other artwork at her website lauramarkfinberg.com
Friday, April 7th from 10-4 pm, Turkey Hill will be in the Library’s Carlson room to conduct walk-in or scheduled interviews. To save time, apply online before your interview at www.jobs.turkeyhillstores.com. Positions available include sales associates, food service associates, store managers and assistant managers. Call Auriel with any questions at 717-701-7147.