The Quarryville Library Center is seeking a part-time Youth Services Coordinator.
Overall objective of the job
Under the direction of the Library Director, the Youth Services Coordinator participates in the full range of library and youth services including programming, publicity, circulation, and collection maintenance.
- Bachelor’s Degree with preference given for courses in Library Science, Education or related field.
- Library and teaching experience with children and youth.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must pass the Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and FBI Fingerprint Based Federal Criminal History.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and implements story times, summer reading activities and special programs for youth.
- Provides outreach to pre-schools, schools and community organizations.
- Conducts in-house class tours to explain and demonstrate how students can use the library.
- Prepares and collectsstatistics, surveys, and reports, which measure and evaluate usage of the library’s youth collection and programs on a monthly basis.
- Attends local and regional meetings.
- Maintains library events, activities and other related updates online.
- Updates the children’s calendars and events on social media and the website.
- Assists with library fundraising and attends Fundraising Committee meetings when discussing children’s events.
- Gives support to the circulation staff when needed or scheduled.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of children and teen literature, public library resources and services.
- Computer skills including; spreadsheets, WordPress, Microsoft Office, and social media.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate library programming for youth.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
This position is part-time at 25 hours per week, including days, evenings and occasional Saturdays. Hourly rate is between $13 – $15, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and three professional references to Sylvia Drennen at firstname.lastname@example.org.