Kick-Off Event for Summer Reading 2019, Featuring Crafts in the Library!
The Quarryville Library is once again taking part in the county-wide Summer Reading Program. The 2019 program begins on Saturday, June 1, and runs through Saturday, August 10.
This year, reading logs are available for the following levels:
- Read-Aloud, for ages 0-4 years
- Junior, for ages 5-9 years
- Tween, for ages 10-12 years
- Teen, for ages 13-19 years
The logs will be available starting June 1st and must be returned by August 10th to receive the prize packs. The child must be present to receive the prize packs.
The Quarryville Library will also be hosting a series of special programs, just available during the summer months. Please check our events calendar for our full roster for this summer. You can create an account on our website to sign up for programs at your convenience.
Join us for our official Summer Reading Kick-Off on Saturday, June 1. Drop in anytime the library is open and meet our new Youth Services coordinator, Ms. Sharon! There will be crafts from 11-12:30, and a teen-created selfie station! Pick up your summer reading logs and sign up for special summer reading activities and events!
The following 2018 information is under construction/being revised – check back often to see what we’re offering this summer!
Be sure to check out the sign-ups for our summer book clubs:
- Summer Reading Club for ages 7 – 9,
- Award Winning Reads for readers ages 9 – 11, and
- Page to Screen Book Club for readers 11 to 13.
Registration for the book clubs will begin on June 2nd at the Kick-Off event.
Summer Reading Club: Make finishing that reading log a breeze with our Summer Reading Club! Each club meeting will feature a new book to read together and enjoy. Meets for an hour once a week, Thursdays at 10 am, from June 28 – August 16.
Registration required, limited to 10 participants. Registration counts as registering for all club meetings (June 28, July 5, July 12, July 19, July 26, August 2, August 9, and August 16).
Award Winning Reads: Sign up to read one, two, or all eight of our Newbery Medal-winning book club picks! Meetings at 4 pm on Fridays.
Registration required, limited to 10 free books/selection. Each week has a separate registration, so readers can choose the books that interest them.
- June 29: Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O’Brien
- July 6: Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
- July 13: A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck
- July 20: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
- July 27: When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
- August 3: The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- August 10: Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
- August 17: Hello, Universe by Erin Entrada Kelly
Page to Screen Book Club: A book club with a silver screen twist! For each month, we will read a book and then watch the movie. Discover some great books, some great movies, and then decide which you prefer! Thursday evenings at 5 pm.
Registration recommended; limited to 15 participants. Registration is separate for each meeting.
- June 21: Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- July 19: The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- August 9: Coraline by Neil Gaiman
All book clubbers receive free copies of each book selection to keep, made possible by the Solanco Family Life Network.
Please note that the above age ranges are suggested, but parents and children may choose whichever level is best for each individual reader.