With the new year comes new information about filing your local, state, and federal taxes.
Local tax forms for Lancaster County can be picked up at the Library. The forms and additional information are also available via the Lancaster County Tax Collection Bureau website : https://www.lctcb.org/
Call 717-569-4521 for more information about Lancaster County taxes.
PA state tax forms are no longer available in paper form to be distributed to the public, as the the state is no longer providing copies for distribution.
You may file the PA-40 PA Income Tax Return online and free of charge, beginning January 28, 2019!
1. PA Direct File – https://padirectfile.state.pa.us
2. Access the PDF versions of tax forms from the PA Department of Revenue website : www.revenue.pa.gov
The front desk will be able to print copies of PA forms at $0.15/page when they become available starting on January 28th.
Call 1-888-728-2937 for PA state tax questions.
The library has obtained copies of the 1040 Form Instructions and the 1040 booklet for distribution.
For Tax Year 2018, form 1040A and form 1040EZ will no longer be available.
1040 and Schedules 1-6 are available in the 1040 booklet.
You can access the forms from home at the IRS website : https://www.irs.gov/
The library staff can also make copies for you at $0.15/page.
Call 1-800-829-1040 (or 1-800-829-4059 for hearing impaired assistance) for questions about federal taxes.
Tax Preparation Assistance
Qualifying individuals can receive assistance through the United Way’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program. More information, including qualifications and sites can be found on their website : https://www.uwlanc.org/VITA
Next Gen Services in Quarryville is offering 2018 tax preparation assistance to qualifying individuals.
- Appointments start on February 1st, and
- All appointments are on either a Monday or a Friday.
- Appointment times are: 8:15, 9:30, 10:45, or 12 noon.
- Limited spots available.
- Must have previous year’s tax return along.
- Income level of less than $60,000
- No clergy
- No investment portfolios (nothing with gains or losses)
- No depreciation on rental properties
- No business owners
- People under 55 must make under $50,000 per year
Next Gen Services, Inc. is located at 184 S. Lime St, Quarryville, PA 17566, and their phone is 717-786-4770.