We have a variety of items in our circulating collection, including:
- Book & CD or cassette sets
- Popular Book Series
- Concept Bags – bags of picture books about various topics, to help parents and caregivers discuss these topics with their children.
- STEM Bags
- STEM Kits
- Cruise into Kindergarten Kits – book-bags containing books and a game or activity, to help get children ready for kindergarten.
Please check the catalog for the full list of items that can be checked out.
We also have non-circulating items, such as toys and costumes, that are available in our new Early Literacy Lab that children can play with while visiting the library.
Summer Reading Program – June – August
- Special programs and activities for children and teens
- County-wide prizes earned when reading logs are finished
For Young Children
- Wee Readers Family Story Time
- Parachute programs
- Parachute Play for toddlers
- Parachute Games for preschoolers
- 1,2,3, Play with Me! Parent/Child Workshop, our Family Place program. Find out more about Family Place Libraries.
For older children and tweens
- Danger Club – a hands-on science club.
- Kids’ Parachute Time – a special program, offered seasonally.
Family Nights – for the whole family!
- Family Movie Night
- Lego Night – now offered seasonally.
- All-Ages Chess Club
Program Policy – Parents and guardians are responsible for determining what library programs their children can attend.
Please see our calendar for our scheduled programs and events.
What happens in Youth Services?
What does a Youth Services Coordinator do? Find out here!
These are Youth Services narratives, which summarize the monthly activities for the Youth Services Department at the Quarryville Library.
- January 2017
- February 2017
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 2017
- June 2017
- July 2017
- August 2017
- September 2017
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017