We have a variety of items in our circulating collection, including:
- Popular Book Series
- Concept Bags – bags of picture books about various topics, to help parents and caregivers discuss these topics with their children. Also includes a mini-collection of board book and early childhood kids for our youngest readers!
- STEM Bags
- STEM Kits
- Cruise into Kindergarten Kits – book-bags containing books and a game or activity, to help get children ready for kindergarten.
- American Girl Dolls and clothing to fit dolls of that or similar sizes.
Please check the catalog for the full list of items that can be checked out.
We also have non-circulating items, such as toys, puppets, and costumes, that are available in our children’s area that children can play with while visiting the library.
Summer Reading Program – June – August
- Special programs and activities for children and teens
- County-wide prizes earned when reading logs are finished
For Young Children
- Baby’s First Storytime
- Family Place Parent/Child Workshop, our Family Place program. Find out more about Family Place Libraries.
- Family Storytime
- Little Nibblers
- Parachute Play
- Parachute Games
- Play and Learn (in collaboration with Solanco School District)
- Preschool Zone
- Running on S.T.E.A.M.
- Sing! Sign! Storytime!
- Stories with Ms. Sarah – a Preschool Storytime
- Toddlers’ program “The Young and the Restless”
For older children and tweens
- LEGO Block Party
- Oh, SNAP Circuits!
- Chess Club
- Other STEM programs – offered monthly and seasonally, please check our events calendar
Family Nights – for the whole family!
- Family Movie Night
- Family Craft Night
Program Policy – Parents and guardians are responsible for determining what library programs their children can attend. Registration is required for most programs – please check the calendar for details.