Live virtual kick-off event for Summer Reading 2020
The Quarryville Library is once again taking part in the county-wide Summer Reading Program. The updated, virtual 2020 program begins on Saturday, June 20, 2020 and runs through Saturday, August 15, 2020.
This year, reading programs are available for the following levels:
- Read-Aloud, for ages 0-4 years
- Junior, for ages 5-9 years
- Tween, for ages 10-12 years
- Teen, for ages 13-19 years
The online SRP app will be accessible starting June 20 and must be completed by August 15 to receive the prize packs.
The Quarryville Library will also be streaming a series of special programs, just available during the summer months. Please check our events calendar for our full roster for this summer. You can create an account on our website to sign up for programs at your convenience.
Join us for our official Summer Reading Kick-Off on Saturday, May 30. Drop in anytime the library is open and say hi to our Youth Services coordinator, Ms. Sharon! We’ll host Phredd and his one-man-ukulele band from 11-12 (please register), then we will offer crafts from 12-1:30 with the help of Miss Solanco! Pick up your summer reading logs and sign up for special summer reading activities and events!
Be sure to check out our summer book clubs:
- Summer Reading Club for ages 8-10. For kids who want to keep their school skills sharp, this program is led by Kathie Rickert and will focus on comprehension and thinking skills.
- Overbooked Kids for ages 8 – 12. Bring your own book, read with us for pleasure, snacks, a little conversation, and a genre challenge, if you dare!
- Overbooked Tweens/Teens for ages 12+. Bring your own book, read with us for pleasure, snacks, a little conversation, and a genre challenge, if you dare!