Find a job, or “skill-up” to find a better job with our partners
(check our event calendar for workshops and more):
is partnering with Quarryville Library through a workforce development grant to provide computer and digital literacy training to adults. Individuals or businesses may utilize these free trainings to gain computer skills. If you need help with:
- unfamiliar with computers entirely – needing to learn to power on and connect to the internet
- writing, replying to, or deleting emails, creating a new email account
- using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- keeping your information safe
- writing, creating or updating a resume
- applying for a job online
- filling out clearances/forms to begin your employment
- shopping online safely
- How to avoid falling for scams online
Advanced skills to further your career (or increase your staff’s potential)
- using virtual tools such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- improving your Microsoft Office skills
- learning social media best practices for your organization
Delivered as 1:1 help on Tuesdays (10-3:30), Wednesdays (12-6) and Thursdays (12-6) as well as Computer Basics workshops posted on our event calendar. All courses, instruction, computer usage, and certificates are provided for free. Bring your laptop or use library computers. For more information contact email@example.com.
Pennsylvania CareerLink Lancaster County
is also partnering with Quarryville Library! They will offer: workshops, job navigator services, career counseling and exploration, job search assistance, skills and interest assessments, Watch our event calendar for monthly workshops!
- Paid work experiences (internships) for young adults ages 16-24 including major employers and even some at our library (seasonal)! Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquire with our staff to find out more information.
- Pardon Project for adults with non-violent convictions who need assistance applying for a pardon, Career Link participates in the Pardon Project of Lancaster County. Click here Pardon Project rev. 10.5.21 (Final) to see if you qualify, and if so, you may apply directly to email@example.com
ONLINE RESOURCES (using your library card):
Log in to this searchable database, and find detailed profiles for over 30 million businesses and 2.3 million jobs.
BrainFuse Job Now!
Online coaches available daily from 2pm to 11pm EST. Live assistance with resumes, interview prep, job searching.
Other trusted sources:
Occupational Outlook Handbook
A guide to career information about hundreds of occupations.
Tools to help job seekers, students, businesses, and career professionals.
The Occupational Information Network offers detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more